Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Nerdy Nibbles - No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Still working on that name...Any opinions on which you like most? I've set up a poll on the right side of the blog for you to pick your favorite. We're having a hard time deciding, so we're taking our readers' opinion into account.

So! I feel officially like a blogger now. I realized yesterday "Oh wait! It's my day to update, and I don't have a food to post!" Scramble maneuvers initiated, a grocery store quest activated, and I came out the other end with cookies. You get cookies today for being good readers! And I've officially done something just to make a blog post about it. Yes, I may be a little crazy.

I've heard of No-Bake cookies before, but I've never made them. Heck, the Oreo Truffles were the most complicated dessert I had ever made. Well, maybe they still are. This cookie recipe is easy as pie (easier I guess. I've never made pie) and sure to delight your friends. I'd say they're healthy tableside treats, but I think the 2 cups of sugar counteracts that.

No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

(picture goes here)

  • 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 tablespoons cocoa
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the first 4 ingredients to a boil. Boil continuously for one minute while stirring occasionally.
2. Add the last three ingredients and mix well.
3. Using a cookie scoop, ice cream scoop, or spoon, drop dollops of the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (to keep the baking sheet clean, double up on the parchment paper. The oils will leak through the parchment paper.
4. Let them harder, and they're good to go! You can also freeze or refridgerate them well.

Optionally, you can add a few other things - raisins, coconut, caramel, whatever you like with your chocolate, peanut butter and oatmeal. This recipe makes between 15 to 24 cookies depending on how large you want them to be. Whatever the size, they're delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment