Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BOOZY TUESDAY!!! (Because I Can)

Ravi here.

Since I'm back, I figured I'd kick off my Tuesday posts with another Boozy Tuesday.  Well, sort of.  See, contrary to the character me, I do drink, but usually in moderation.  Usually.  And never at my parents' house.  And because college is over and my paychecks don't start rolling in for a few more weeks, guess where I'm crashing.

Today, I give you... THE FAUXMOSA!

The mimosa is among my favorite drinks (second only to the strawberry Presidente margarita at Chili's).  I was introduced to this fantabulous concoction at my sister's wedding, and, if you know anything about drinks, you probably know it's fairly simple: equal parts orange juice and champagne.  Earlier this week, I was strongly craving some kind of fruity drink, preferably of an adult nature.  I knew that wasn't going to happen, but I looked in the fridge anyway.  Divine revelation!  Ginger ale sitting right next to the orange juice!

I'm the kind of person who will impulsively carry out an idea, no matter how likely it is to be bad.  I usually fail will saves and wisdom checks.  Surprisingly, this was not a bad idea.  In fact, this was probably the closest-tasting virgin beverage I've ever had.  Then, my mom explained to me that ginger ale is actually pretty close to champagne.  Seeing as I've never had champagne straight, you can see why I'd never come to the conclusion on my own.  This also explained to me why my mother never steals my ginger ale cans... she hates champagne.

TO MAKE YOUR OWN FAUXMOSA:
1)Acquire a glass.
2)Fill the glass halfway with ginger ale.
3)Fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.

Obviously, the fresher the juice, the better.  We can't all live next to an orange grove, though, so the stuff at the grocery store will work, too.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to annoy everyone else in the house by finishing off the orange juice so that there will be nothing for breakfast in the morning.

Well, except for REALLY dark-roast coffee.

Happy rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment