Friday, September 17, 2010

Couples Gaming Revisited

Ravi here.

First off, I want to apologize, mostly to my sister, for not making a post as I was not feeling well.  I love you dearly Indeah and thank you for keeping everyone entertained. Just glad you're feeling better :)

Now, I will tell you a story... about the other side of couples gaming.  Take note: this is NOT saying that couples should never ever game, but this is a glimpse of worst-case scenarios.  Yes, SCENARIOS.  Same people, two different fails. Insert dream/memory transition here.

So, one of my friends, we'll call him Guy A, decided that he was going to DM a game.  He shows up at my house with his girlfriend, Girl A, and takes me to the house of his friend, who was hosting.  We will call this friend Guy B.  Guy B was insanely good-looking, mind you, and Couple A was trying to get me to consider going out with this guy.  I think you all can see how poorly this is about to turn out.

Anyway, we get our characters in order, get settled in, and the game starts... and the DM only pays attention to his girlfriend.  So, of course, Guy B and I get incredibly bored and start having side conversations while DM and girlfriend pretty much have in-game sex.  Guy B decides to flirt instead of playing until it's time for me to go home.  Not a lot of actual gaming there.

A FEW DAYS LATER, Guy A decides to try hosting ANOTHER game, this time with me, Guy B, and a couple I'll call Couple C. We all show up to the appointed place, and... well, we didn't even get past character creation this time (In all fairness, character creation can take a LONG-ass time). The couples paired off and that left me and Guy B to awkwardly flirt and he decided to ask me out. Guy B stood me up for the second date. Is he still alive? Actually, yes, he's one of those people that is so dumb that it's more entertaining to keep him alive and watch him suffer. In short: we got nothing done and the group fell apart on top of it all. Insult to injury.

The moral of the story is: KNOW YOUR Gaming COUPLES! If they can put aside the relationship and play, this is a good gaming couple! If they can't... run like hell. Bonus points if you flip them the bird on the way out. (And this is why I will never date anyone I game with again.)

Happy Rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment